Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Tag

Wrapping paper or gift bags? A mix. I get a lot of gift bags as a teacher and I am all about reusing those!

Real tree or Artificial? I would prefer a real tree, but they get expensive- so we have an artificial one.

When do you put up the tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving. I love Christmas decor!

Do you like eggnog? I like it, but not as much as Jeremy.

Favorite gift received as a child? 4th grade- my dad built me a dollhouse. I had been asking for one every year for I don't know how long, and it was a big surprise. I had grand dreams of carpeting and furnishing it, and I am sad to say I still have it unfinished in an upstairs bedroom. Every time we move Jeremy asks if I still feel the need to have it around (it isn't small), but I can't let it go! I will finish it one day!

Easiest person to buy for? Norah- she is too easy. Like "blow the budget clean out of the water" easy.

Hardest person to buy for? My dad- he isn't picky, but everything he could use or want is pretty expensive. He usually gets Peanut M&M's or a giftcard to Sportmasn's or Woodcrafters.

Do you have a nativity scene? No because the one I want is too expensive- Willow Tree Nativity!

Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. I am all about the picture card.

Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I did get a bottle of used lotion from a student one year. I am sure that her mom would have been mortified if she had known!

Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Vacation, Elf, Home Alone, White Christmas, The Family Stone (although I watch it year round), The Holiday Inn

When do you start shopping for Christmas? Norah's birthday is December 1st, so I start early!

Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope

Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? chex mix (I have an obsession), toffee, caramels, peppermint bark, and many more...

Lights on the tree? yes! White lights on the BIG tree and colored lights on the baby tree

Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells, What Child is This?, Santa Baby

Travel at Christmas or stay home? We travel! We are thinking this is the last traveling Christmas though. Norah will be 3 next year and we want her to have the traditions that we had as kids. I will be 30 in a couple of months, and I have never spent a Christmas morning anywhere but my parents' living room. I am pretty lucky.

Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? probably not...sad for an Elementary teacher!

Angel on the tree top or a star? star

Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning, although the kid in me always yearns for the chance to open one early...

Most annoying thing about this time of year? I am annoyed when I see "X-mas" instead of "CHRISTmas", when people go broke trying to give their kids everything they want, and when the real meaning gets over-shadowed by Santa.

Favorite ornament theme or color? Jeremy's mom has made him an ornament every year of his life, and I love hanging those up. They are special.


What do you want for Christmas this year? I would be happy with a few new clothes!


If you read it, you should continue the tag! Come on, you have all sorts of free time...

No comments: