Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Day 2011

Christmas Day has been different every year since Norah was born. This year our plans were up in the air since we didn't know when Jeremy would be working at Costco.

We spent Christmas Eve and morning with just our little family. It was nice to be able to focus all of our attention on them (as if that is much different than any other day! Demanding little twerps...) We opened presents, ate breakfast, and then packed up to head down to my parents' farm for a couple of days.

Ivy really got into things this year. She loved opening presents of course. We made her say "Merry Christmas" at every opportunity and also a had her sing her version of Jingle Bells countless times. She was so cute. Her favorite presents this year were her George, "stolla", and one of Caroline's toys.

Norah's excitement made the week a blast. She is hilarious right now. I love to hear her beliefs about Santa. Jeremy even went outside on Christmas Eve, rang bells, and said his best "ho, ho, ho!" just for her benefit. I was cracking up. She also gets the real meaning of Christmas and how special it is to remember Jesus' birth and gift.


Caroline spent her first Christmas sick. She was running a fever, had a pretty bad cough, and is still recovering from a runny nose. I felt so bad for her! She was miserable. Her signature squeal and smile took a break for a couple of days. As a result, there aren't many pictures of her, and I didn't even put her in her First Christmas outfit for photo opps. I may still stage a few pictures, because I find it funny that the outfit is what Ivy wore last year.








More matching jammies and sparkling teeth!


Checking out Grandpa Mark's cows...




This was the view of the sunset from part of my parents' property...just down from the house by the barn and corrals. A beautiful desert sunset!


Bring on 2012!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: