Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Norah the 4 3/4 year old

A glimpse of Norah at 4 3/4...

  • She was meant to be a big sister.
  • She started preschool this month and is loving it! I caught her rolling around in the sandbox on the playground at Parent Night with her dress over her head and her curls full of sand. I still laugh when I bring that image to mind. I dumped about a cup of sand from her shoes before we loaded up to go home.
  • She can write her name, recognizes her ABCs, draws the sweetest pictures, and also likes to add numbers on her fingers.
  • She is really into princesses, pretending, and dressing up. I love to watch her play. She has an amazing imagination. I read a line in a book this summer that made me cry. It was a dad saying about his daughter that the saddest day would be the day she stopped pretending. It's so true, and made me want to be better about slowing down and just watching those moments.
  • She gained about 3 pounds this year! Woo Hoo!
  • Drama is her middle name. She can still cry and throw fits with the best of them. I love her, and I hope she outgrows this habit soon.
  • She loves to play with worms.
  • Did I mention that she is an amazing big sister? She really is.







Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love reading these updates on the girls. Got the announcement in the mail...love it! You guys just make the sweetest little girls :D