We spent Christmas at home this year for the first time. This is going to sound crazy, but it was my first time spending a Christmas morning NOT in my parents' living room. I'm about to be 31. Who does that? A homebody with a family that has never moved. We decided this year it was time for some new traditions. We had a wonderful time. Here are just a few of The Thompson Family Traditions implemented for the first time in 2009...
We went down to my parents' house 2 days before Christmas and had a yummy meal with both sets of my grandparents. Here are Grandma Juanita and Norah:
A candlelit dinner with Christmas Noodles (homemde Fettuccine Alfredo)... Loved the candlelight and we've been having candlelit meals all day since!
SANTA. Jeremy and I couldn't decide how to "do" Santa. I grew up santaless in a home that focused entirely on the real meaning of Christmas and Jeremy grew up in a home with a balance between Santa and Jesus. We decided to balance the two. Norah is obsessed and it was difficult to bring the attention of the season back to Christ's birth, but we battled through! She left goodies out for him, wrote him a note, and asked him for one gift that would fit in her stocking... a Dora sucker. Yeah, that one threw me for a loop- had to get creative there.
3 comments:
So cute! But now I'm curious -- did you manage to get your hands on a Dora sucker? ;)
It's okay, I think I will have all my Christmas mornings in my parent's livingroom. I really can't imagine it any other way. Sounds like some fun new traditions for you guys!
I am so far behind on your posts......or did you do these all today??? Fun Christmas pictures.....I love the lip gloss! And OMG, those pictures of Norah dancing at halftime.......priceless! I didn't know she was doing that. How fun!
Post a Comment