Tuesday, March 08, 2016

May Shtuff.

Weeehheee-heeeellll...it's been awhile since I posted on the ole blog.  November of 2015 was my last post.  About April of 2015.  So, now it's March of 2016 and I am going to post about May of 2015.  I'm pretty stubborn and don't usually like to quit or give up. Let's see how much I can remember.


We ventured outside more and more.  Sunshine is good for you.  Look at that squishy little fist!


The babies started solids.  I learned that I do care who goes in what chair.  Eloise on the left, Iris on the right as pictured.  I normally set them up the other way in pictures, but I think this is how I put them in their chairs the first time, so that was it.  I also learned that I would be using one jar/bowl of food and one spoon.  I tried using one per baby the first meal.  Forget that!  Too confusing.  Get used to sharing everything with your sister.  They're really good eaters.  And I'm not just saying that to be postive and hopeful about the future at the dinner table.  So far, they eat just about anything we give them.

Ivy and Caroline have this picture in their room, and I love it.  The squishies.  The smiles.  The cloth diaper stuffed jeans.

The Three at Ivy's Spring Sing at preschool.  Mom came along with me, and we left Jeremy and the babies at home.  This is one of my favorite pictures of these three.  Ever.
More visits!  Some time with Patti.  We all survived our first year of retirement from teaching, but miss seeing each other daily.


My Mother's Day gift.  I'm in love with it.

Mother's Day group shot of my tribe.

We celebrated Mother's Day at our house.  Lots of laughs.

This was the month I finally broke the bouncer habit.  These little things did alll of their napping in their bouncers for 5 months.  It was one of the things I did in order to survive.  I have learned to do a lot while holding two babies, but I could not comfort two fussy babies into sleep at the same time. And we did not let these two cry very much, so they napped in their bouncers.  We had a little set up in the nursery.  The bouncers on the floor in front of the rocker.  I was an expert at sitting in the rocker, bouncing both bouncers with one hand, and playing Candy Crush with my other.  And SSSSSSSHHHHHing.  I spent a lot of time doing that.  And praying that the others were being safe.  Also ate a lot of meals there!  I found bacon in one bouncer one time!  AhaAAA!!

They look like baby dolls!

Ivy had a field trip to Hawk Stadium.  Jeremy took time off to take her.  Caroline got to go too!

Ivy and her preschool teacher, Ms. Sale.

Ivy and Iris

Caroline and Iris

So many pictures of these two.

They started acknowledging each other in more loving ways about this time.  Leading up to this month, it was mostly "oh... I really want to poke your eyes and ears and cheeks."
Eloise Joy
Weighs 11 pounds 14 ounces
Squeals when it's time to eat
Reaches for her sister whenever she can
Laughs
Gets hiccups from her giggles
Holds toys
Has attempted to roll to her tummy
Iris Faith
Weighs 11 pounds 10 ounces
Squeals when it's time to eat
Grabs and holds her sister's hand
Rolls to her tummy
Sucks her fingers
Laughs until she hiccups
Has a sense of adventure (according to Norah)



Pet Share Day at preschool.  I love when the girls tell people that we have a snake.


 Soaking up more of that sunshine.

Some of our favorite people.

Ivy and Eloise

A sweet moment one morning.  Eloise.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good job keeping it all straight! Instagram has all but killed my blog. Just too easy to let it happen.