We have never taken the girls to see Santa. The Village is the new hot spot in Meridian and happens to be right by our house. We had heard that the Santa there was amazing, so we decided to head over for a quick visit. We are so naive.
I stood in line for TWO HOURS.
Obviously, had I known that would be the length of my stay in line, I would have backed out right away. However, standing in line is tricky that way. You don't know how fast the line is moving, and then there is a certain point when you realize you've spent ___ amount of time in line already, so you might as well stick it out.
I'll never do it again. It sucked all of my Christmas spirit out of me. But then, Santa was lovely and charming. The girls were thrilled. I decided to pretend I didn't really spend that much of my day standing in line. Next year, we will approach our Santa Visit with more experience.
And then, as pictures tend to do...I look at these and think "it wasn't really that bad...look how much fun they're having..."
I stood in line for TWO HOURS.
Obviously, had I known that would be the length of my stay in line, I would have backed out right away. However, standing in line is tricky that way. You don't know how fast the line is moving, and then there is a certain point when you realize you've spent ___ amount of time in line already, so you might as well stick it out.
I'll never do it again. It sucked all of my Christmas spirit out of me. But then, Santa was lovely and charming. The girls were thrilled. I decided to pretend I didn't really spend that much of my day standing in line. Next year, we will approach our Santa Visit with more experience.
And then, as pictures tend to do...I look at these and think "it wasn't really that bad...look how much fun they're having..."

No comments:
Post a Comment