Saturday, January 04, 2014

Meet Nic

I went back and forth many, many times about whether or not to jump on the Elf bandwagon.  I didn't want to add one more thing to the already crazy we normally live in the midst of...even when it's not December.  I thought it was kind of creepy to have a little elf watching all day.  I don't consider myself too creative, and felt pressured about "moving" that elf every night.  Then I found a letter on Pinterest that put a different spin on the elf thing.  It added a little Jesus to the situation.  Instead of the elf reporting the girls' good or bad behavior, Santa asked the girls to show the elf grace and forgiveness when he did naughty things.  I bit.  Hah.

It ended up being my favorite new tradition.  We named him Nic (an acronym for the girls' names).  He added much joy and excitement to each morning.  He was the first thing they looked for and asked about after waking up.  I do think he interfered with any potential sleeping in though...

I didn't take pictures of all his moves.  They were mostly ideas from Pinterest anyway.  Many nights, he simply changed his position in the house.





Another thing I loved...Nic left a note for his last day here telling the girls that for ONE DAY only, they could gently play with him.  Normally, this would interfere with his magic, but for Christmas Eve, an exception was made.  The look on their faces when they learned this...adorable.  It was a good way to say goodbye.  And call me crazy, but I actually miss the little guy!  Haha!!!



No comments: