Monday, February 20, 2012

Ivy Elizabeth turns 2!

It's so exciting for Ivy to be 2. I don't know if it's because we had #2 and #3 so close together or what, but it seems like Ivy has been 2 for awhile and we were just making it official with traditional birthday activities. It really does fly by though doesn't it? It feels like we were just looking at this face...




Three words that describe Ivy at 2 years...? "Spunky, adorable, and funny"


Other noteworthy facts about Ivy at 2:
  • She has the cutest lisp. It could be because her teeth have only recently come in completely in the front, or because we will be familiar with an SLP some day! Who knows, but it is stinking cute.
  • She likes to play "quish" which entails lying on the floor and allowing her to kiss and squish your cheeks. I only do this so it will soon be her turn and I can kiss those cheeks!
  • She is obsessed with coffee. She feeds it to herself and her babies. She likes to sit on my lap in the morning and smell my cup.
  • She is very attached to her baby doll. She is also extremely mothering. She will shush the baby, put it to sleep, feed it, talk to it, etc...it is darling of course.
  • Bedtime routine: I think Jeremy and I secretly fight over who gets to put Ivy to bed because it is such a sweet time. She loves to get into her jammies and get into her crib at night. She likes to play this game where she shuts the door with all the lights off in her room, and whoever is putting her to bed sits on the floor waiting for her to find them. We in turn have to scare her. She came up with this on her own. We sing Jesus Loves Me every night before she gets into her crib. She insists on having her baby and her blanket (which is now "balanket" and not "bucky" ...I was very sad to see bucky go).
  • She is going through a very long stage of NOT NAPPING. When she gets up from her 2 hour "nap" we ask her if she slept and many times she will say, "no, I play whole time."
  • She knows most of her ABCs and can count to 9.
  • She says "thanks" and "okay" to most requests. She is also starting to say "no" and "I do myself" and when I remind her that " You don't tell mommy no," she says "okay." Cracks me up.
  • She has been very tolerant of her big sister up until the last week or so. She has bitten and kicked a certain person in our house in the last couple of days. She is fairly compliant and many times when she knows she has done something wrong, she will put herself in time out. I have a feeling that structured time outs are coming her way soon!!
  • She loves "chwooocwwuut."
  • Every dessert or yummy food with the word cake in it is referred to as "pancake."
  • She started the nickname of Sissy for Caroline and still uses it most often.
  • When I am in my comfy clothes, she says, "I no wike it dress." She likes me to be dressed for the day!
  • She sings!
  • Noodles "weedols" are her favorite food.
  • She loves the color blue "boluuu."
  • She is getting pretty good at playing by herself. She played outside for a good 10 minutes yesterday. I love to watch her when she doesn't know I am around (and I was checking on her every 30 seconds while she was outside!).

We love her to pieces. She is the one that is sure to make us laugh, and probably gets away with too much. I am excited to see what this next year brings for Ivy.

Happy birthday Peanut!


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Awww, good things to remember!! Happy birthday Ivy!