Friday, June 17, 2011

Waiting for That Day

We are in that calm before the storm, surreal, anxious place a family goes to before a new baby invades. At least that is what our family experiences. I think when you choose to have a "surprise", the feelings are heightened. We have been out of school for a week, and I have been trying to nest (how the heck do you do that with a 4 year old and 16 month old...?) and soak it up with my girls before Sunshine's arrival.

Norah had an Arts and Crafts camp this week, so I got to have Ivy all to myself in the mornings. We had a couple of playdates with friends, hung out at home, and went to the park.

It's been a cool June so far which I am thankful for as a preggo! Didn't plan for the water fountains, but Ivy was having too much fun for me to be practical. She was freezing by the time we left the park!



I didn't mind the extra snuggles...


Jeremy has been home a little more regularly this week. The girls love having him around to rough house and wrestle.


A few unattended lunch moments led to this picture of Miss Ivy and her sweet potatoes...


Some sweet friends from church hosted a baby Sunshine celebration. We went to Ceramica! and each person painted a piece for either the nursery or me. It was fun (and I really hate doing crafty things...)! We also went to dinner. I appreciated the time they took to be excited for this baby.

Awe...my girls. I love them. Going crazy wondering who will make their debut in the next week or so! I would love another girl- three of a kind...I would also love to see the Daddy at our house with a little boy. Either way...WE CAN'T WAIT TO INTRODUCE OUR SUNSHINE!!!


No comments: