Saturday, January 08, 2011

Norah...No Longer Cute

I promised a more detailed post regarding Norah's fourth birthday...

First of all, it was a snow day! That meant a winter wonderland with about 7 inches of snow, and Daddy home for (most of) the day.


I think she wore these candy canes for 80% of the pictures I took in December.
One of her presents was a date night with Daddy to see a performance of Cinderella!


My first attempt at using fondant...


Her response to opening this gift from my grandparents was..."How many dollars do I have?!?"

Her main gift from us...a fish tank! We finally got it set up over Christmas break complete with two FEMALE guppies who were supposed to have been with only females since reproductive age...but one of them managed to contribute 5 new guppies to the tank! They will soon be disappearing, but the joke at our house has been that there are surprise babies everywhere with us lately!

A glimpse of Norah at Four:

* She has informed us that she is no longer cute, but pretty. Cute is my "go to" word, and I get into trouble anytime I refer to anything regarding Miss Norah as "cute". She is "pretty."

* Still the drama queen. She adds facial expressions, hand movements, and voice inflections to many of her stories. Jeremy and I barely hold it together at the dinner table most nights while listening to her stories.

* She has finally hit 30 pounds!!!!!

* We are officially Mom and Dad- no more Mama and Daddy. Apparently because we are "getting too old..."

* Norah is an AMAZING big sister. She was definitely created for this role.

Now, if I listed everything we have learned as parents over this last year, I would be writing a novel. Bottom line, through the drama...tears...frustration...time outs...laughter...snuggles...and I love yous...we love you Boo.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Didn't know she'd gotten fish... Fun! That is hilarious though about the surprise baby fish!!