Sunday, March 15, 2015

Ivy is 5!

Ivy Elizabeth

loves chocolate and mac and cheese
never stops bouncing
wiggles her hands when she is excited about something
knows all her letters and numbers
is a math whiz
has an artistic eye
loves to make believe
is very introspective
S-T-U-B-B-O-R-N
animated
draws people to her
shy in new situations
compromises easily..sometimes
lights up a room
is a 5 year old!!


We celebrated at home with a yummy Ivy chosen dinner of mac and cheese, taco meat, and salad.  She also wanted chocolate cheesecake for dessert.  She always picks the best desserts!



We let the girls pick gifts to give Ivy.  Caroline wanted to give her a penguin pillow.  The significance of this gift is that Ivy had asked Santa for a penguin pillow (well into the month of December...) and he wasn't able to get it for her.  Caroline wanted to make that up to her.  They can be so sweet!!!

The aunts went to work the minute they walked in the door!


Ivy and her chocolate cheesecake.  I actually made this dessert...the chocolate curls are a funny story...but I think it turned out!

Love this picture.


It was Ivy's year for a Friend Party, but we weren't in a position to be hosting anything given recent events at our house...so she opted (with heavy encouragement from us) for a fun day with a friend.  I didn't think I'd ever be so excited about Paddington Bear and Red Robin.  It was the longest I had been away from home and the babies in months.  







Love this 5 year old!

No comments: