Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Twinner News


Well...the belly has been growing!  Progress from 5 to 7 months.

This pregnancy has felt a lot like the first time in many ways.  A twin pregnancy is a totally different ball game than a singleton.  Take that word for example, "singleton."  I didn't know that term until a few short months ago!

Our twins are referred to as Mono-Di short for a big long couple of words that had my husband geeking out in the doctor's office when we first found out.  This means they are identical, they share a sac with a membrane separating them, and they also share a placenta.  This also means they are at a higher risk for early delivery and low birth weight.  So far, both have been growing nicely.  I will be 30 weeks this week.  At my last appointment, Baby A's little abdomen was measuring a few weeks behind schedule.  I go back for another ultrasound the 20th to see if she has caught up.  If not, there are steroid shots that I somehow get to enjoy.  Worst case scenario, delivery.  So any prayer warriors reading that I haven't shared this with yet...please get busy!!





Right now, I am measuring 40 weeks pregnant.  It's a crazy feeling to be so big and still have a lot of time (hopefully) left.  I've stopped getting the "you're not that big!" comments though.

No comments: