We headed down to The Farm for the annual 4th of July celebration. I say it every year, but it's my favorite. I love the small town feeling around this holiday. I love seeing the crops and fields planted and being watered. The sights and smells are very nostalgic for me. It's a super busy time of year for farmers, so it's a treat to get them for the day. I also knew this would possibly be our last trip down for a year. I have no way of knowing how I will be feeling when Fair time rolls around, so it might be until next summer...that was a strange thought.
We celebrated with all the usuals. The parade, the BBQ, and fireworks.
At the fireworks, Ivy said, "I wish I could be a firework." She has a poetic way about her. Sometimes it goes a little creepyville, but mostly I'm left wishing I could write down everything she says.
Anyway...
1 comment:
Great photos and comments as always. Thanks for catching up.
Post a Comment