Thursday, September 06, 2012

Norah Goes to Kindergarten


Didn't we just bring this little face home from the hospital??  One thing I've realized as a Mom is that time is so fleeting.  In the middle of whatever stage you're trudging through you feel like it will never end and then before you know it you're realizing you've got baby food cubes in the freezer you really should throw away, or "those pants are way too short", or ...your little girl starts school.

Before I had my own kids, I thought I would welcome the day they went to school.  I mean...it's a break, right??  I didn't understand how hard it would be to let someone else be in control of their day...even if only for a few hours.  Or how hard it would be to let the meanness of the world creep into your home.  To let that little girl innocence go away just a little.  It feels like the beginning of growing up.

She is so excited though.  She is ready.  She loves it.  She is making friends.  I am happy for her.  I'm not the first Mom to feel like this.  

Also.  I feel very lucky to have her at my school.  I can totally spy on her while she is playing on the playground!!  






3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I can't believe it either!! Don't think of it as letting the meanness into your home, but letting her goodness into the world! :)

Unknown said...

That's sweet advice Stephanie! Thank you...

Unknown said...

She looks so adorable and totally ready to rule the school. SO glad you have her close by! Have a great year, both of you girls :)