Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Oregon Coast 2012

Oh my goodness.  We had an amazing time on the coast with Jeremy's parents and youngest brother.  I took 500 pictures.  Yup.  It was a tough choice, but here are those that made the cut.

I stressed about the drive there.  Big surprise to those that know me well.  I do think my "over-thinking" benefited us this time though.  13 hours in the car one way with a 5.5 year old, 2.5 year old, and 12 month old is kind of a big deal in my book.  I spent quite a bit of time planning activities for the car (thank you talented people once again on Pinterest).  Below is one that I think worked really well.  The Van Travel Timeline.  We moved the van about every hour.  It cut WAY BACK on the "are we there yets."  The drive had its moments of being "find a happy place" bad, but it was sooo worth it, and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

 
We stayed in a house that was about a 2 minute walk from the beach.  It was perfect for us!  We planned some activities and also just played! 

Kite flying...

 



I have a bazillion scenic shots.  The ocean really is glorious. 


Tide pools at Cape Perpetua.  A favorite event of the week!
 
 
 


Rare shot with all 3...



GORGEOUS!


Playing on the beach...
 
 



We snuck away for a date night and had the amazing privilege of a beautiful beach sunset and WHALES!!
 
 
 


We can't wait to go back.  I am also very proud of our first successful road trip as a family of five. 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tim and Melisa said...

Amazing pictures!!!

Janelle said...

What a wonderful visual summary of your incredible trip! I agree with you - the ocean holds a special place in my heart.
And I canNOT get over the banner photo of your family. HILARIOUS!

Unknown said...

Nice work, Mama! Stunning pictures, happy kids, and a date night! Careful, another lil girl may be on her way ;)