We chose the name Caroline (pronounced with a long i) purely because we think it's a pretty name. We faltered at the end when another name caught our attention, but Caroline she is! June is Jeremy's mom Pam's middle name...and we THOUGHT she would be a June baby, but Caroline had other plans. Her middle name would have been June regardless of the month she was born.
Sweetness. Perfection. Another miracle.
We joked that Sunshine was a boy who was afraid to come out, but Jeremy stuck by his early prediction that "it" would be a girl. He was right! If anyone can handle being the daddy to three girls, it's my husband. He is patient, attentive, and knows when to... let's just say...let the other side win. A friend told us it takes a real tough guy to raise all girls.
We are home and getting to know Caroline. Norah has stepped into her role of big sister again with flying colors. She wants to hold Caroline every chance she gets. Ivy started out thinking Caroline was a really cool toy, but has quickly learned to be soft. She gives her kisses, has held her (pics to come later) and calls her "sissy". Honestly, I am choking up right now thinking about how sweet she is with her. I hope they will be really close. Norah will be hovering and mothering and happy to do it.
We are so blessed. When I think back to those 8 days that were torturous, I am thankful for all the friends and family who prayed for us, gave encouraging words, and let me vent. I am also thankful for this sweet, healthy baby girl that God has given us. Yet another miracle.
2 comments:
Congratulations!! She is beautiful:)
(julie and scott from the bett's young married group, way back!)
Loved catching up on your sweet little family. <3 what a blessing.
Post a Comment