I don't have any pictures to go with this post. It's mostly for me. The girls aren't up yet, I've got a cup of coffee and the house to myself for a little while longer so I want to get my thoughts down.
This past year has been so packed full of blessings, I don't know where to start! First of all, we welcomed our beautiful, healthy baby girl into the world at 5:25 p.m. on this day one year ago. Her entrance was dramatic and exciting. We fell in love instantly...actually, it took me a little longer if I'm going to be honest. I don't know if other moms have experienced this, but after mothering one child for so long, it's a strange feeling when another one moves into your heart. I was also still reeling from the emotions of labor, but trust me- this little Ivy has my full heart and attention now- and it didn't take long!
Ivy is her sister's complete opposite in temperament. She is watchful and quiet right up to the point where she WANTS SOMETHING. Then, look out! I love that about her. It gives me comfort to know that she will go with the flow until it's really important to her. This girl definitely has an opinion.
Ivy eats. Enough said.
We are still waiting for her to walk. Ivy is fairly content to just be, but I've noticed in the last couple of days that she is showing some frustration in her position. I know this is the first step towards her first steps. It will come. I just hope and pray that she is a confident walker before Sunshine gets here.
She is adorable. From her wispy curls and big, brown eyes to her big, white chiclet teeth- I just cannot get enough of her right now. I'm sure she gets sick of me kissing and constantly squeezing on her, but I don't care...I know the days are numbered and soon she will be too quick for me to catch!
We've adjusted to having two kids in the house, and I really can't imagine life without Ivy. She fits right in. I have said since she was born, though, that this weird sense of "someone's missing" has followed me at random times. Usually when loading the car or just keeping track of them in the house. It must have been God's voice prepping me for a surprise pregnancy right around Ivy's six month birthday.
So, yup. Here we are with another babe on the way...celebrating our baby Ivy's first birthday. It's strange to think back to labor last year and reminisce with another baby gently nudging my belly reminding me of its reality and its upcoming "day." I will be doing it all over in a few short month's time.
Like I said. Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment