Thursday, July 07, 2016

Being Content.

Being content is something I've struggled with all my life. From birth. My mom has told the stories countless times. I crawled at 3.5 months. Walked at 7.5. "You were never content with where you were." I've taken pride in this statement for a lot of my life. 

Fast forward 37 years and I'm learning that there is so much dang beauty in being still and being content. 

I'm not content most of the time. 

I want a bigger house. I want a bigger income. I want my husband home more. Better behaved girls. To weigh less. New floors. I hate my couch. I want to take the perfect picture. Say the right thing to my friends. Be a kinder wife. More patient. 

But what if I could just be content. Stop and look at the beauty of my life. 

As. It. Is. 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This was so moving! Thanks for sharing. So true for me as well.