Thursday, March 13, 2014

Ivy's 4th Birthday...The Celebration

Ivy turned 4 on a Tuesday which meant I had to work, Jeremy had to work late, and Ivy went off to daycare.  It was the first birthday I can remember where I didn't spend the actual day of with one of my girls.  Honestly, I almost cried pulling away!  She did not care one bit though.  Her day was special without me...hah!!

When I picked them up, I surprised them with a stop at McDonald's...we hardly ever do this, so it was a real treat.  I think it was another first for me.  I took all three girls out to eat by myself.  I remember thinking it was also the first time they all walked from the van to an establishment without someone needing carried or wheeled.  They are growing up so fast.

Another highlight of the evening was listening to her talk on the phone with both sets of grandparents.  I so wish I would have recorded her side of the conversation.  It was hilarious.  Of course, I can't remember what she said.  Maybe a grandma or two can chime in??

When Jeremy got home, she opened a few presents and we enjoyed cupcakes.





Photo Shoot with the Photo 4



She kept asking Grandma Cindy to buy her a crown for her birthday.  Her wish came true!



The big gift was the dollhouse!  Hours of fun here...her favorite part being the toilet.



Okay.  I made a cake that I am so proud of.  My track record with cakes is awful.  They usually taste just fine, but never, ever look as pretty as I have in mind.  This one was impressive.  Pretty and delicious.  Double, double chocolate with raspberries for the birthday girl.

Here goes year #4!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great job on the cake! Beautiful and I bet, so good. Would love to hear the Grandma's version of those phone conversations :)