Thursday, December 13, 2012

Norah 6 Years

Norah turned 6 years old this month!  Yikes.  I wonder if there will ever be a year that I don't feel a little sad about how fast time goes by...probably not.

A few quick thoughts about our 6 year old:
  • She is into all things spy and mystery.  She doesn't care for the princess world anymore...although we did get her to Disney on Ice this month and I know for a fact she had a blast.
  • Her favorite foods are baked potatoes, sandwiches (she calls the ones she makes "French"), and smoothies.
  • She gets really embarrassed (in the form of anger) when people laugh at her because she said or did something adorable.  She doesn't like to be funny (although she is in fact hilarious). 
  • She writes stories.  They are really good!  
  • This girl has imagination.
  • The.  Drama.  Continues.  Guess we better embrace it.
  • She loves to sing and pretend to play the guitar.
  • I see her being an incredible big sister (and then there are other moments of course...)
  • Every night before bed, she asks Jeremy and me to tell her a story about when we were "a kid."  That's been challenging!  It's definitely something I have had to think ahead about to make it new every night...as if she would let me tell the same story twice!
  • She is loving school.  It's been special for us to have time alone when I take her to work with me.
  • She enjoys drawing and writing notes for people.  
  • She has a personality that I marvel at.  She challenges us as parents daily but what kid doesn't.  I am excited to see where her tenacious little imagination takes her. 
  • Basically, she's brilliant. 





We had all the family (minus the Thompsons) together for her party.  That hasn't happened in a few years, and it was a lot of fun!  She wanted baked potatoes and a candlelight dinner...so, that's what we did!


Morning shot of the birthday girl.  She had breakfast in bed that morning...for about 5 minutes, and then stated that she didn't want to be alone!  What's the point of breakfast in bed?? 



Checking out her 6 collage...


We let her open presents from us, G'ma Pam, and G'pa Tom in the morning.


Another "Tall Doll" this year!  A sister for Julia.  This one is currently on her 3rd name.


Disney on Ice tickets!!  


The treat.  She picked it while we were browsing Pinterest.  Peppermint Sugar Cookie bars.  Seriously YUM.


Happy Birthday Norah Christine!!  
Posted by Picasa

No comments: