Friday, March 23, 2012

Our Blarney 2012


We had a fun St Paddy's Day this year. Jeremy takes his Irish roots very seriously...an excuse for some good beer and corned beef. The girls had fun getting into it as well.

Fingerpainting...not really Irish, but I wanted to try this homemade paint (thank you Pinterest!) and I had Daddy at home to help. Also, the Leprechauns were planning to leave painted footprints on surfaces, and I wanted to test the paint out first.

I need to find some fingerpainting friendly dye.


Got our traps set to catch an ornery leprechaun or two. Norah was SO INTO THIS. It was really cute, but then I started to feel badly for her knowing she would be devastated. I also started feeling badly for myself, because her devastation means lots of drama.

Aren't they great?? They were mostly her ideas, with some help from Jeremy and Pinterest (noticing a trend here yet? Yes, I have a problem).



Then we had to take a trip to Target so the leprechauns had a chance to visit. Here is where you picture me turning over chairs, slipping green felt into traps (leprechaun clothing), dying toilet water, painting footprints, stealing shoes, leaving gifts...whew! I realized that we are going to have to figure out another way for them to visit, because I was sweating and I was not very fast.

Ivy's treat from Target's dollar section...

New recipe this year...oh my. They were so good.


My "chwoocwwuut" girl Ivy agreed...


No idea what this look is about, but it makes me laugh!


Norah will get those leprechauns next year!!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

do not even get me started on Pinterest, SO ADDICTING. How did moms get ideas without it?

Stephanie said...

LOVE the traps! Wow, you guys went all out! Is Norah crying in that last one??