Saturday, July 24, 2010

Cloth Diapers

You heard me...cloth diapers. I think I am crazy too, but so far it hasn't been a big deal! I promise. I have several friends with small ones who have tested the water and have given great advice. It's not something I would have even considered otherwise.
Advantages:
1. Serious money saver...into the thousands if your baby wears diapers for even two years; double that if you use them on another baby.
2. Obvious plus for the environment (and many of you know that I am a self-proclaimed closet-hippie).
3. They are cute!

Disadvantages:
1. Extra laundry- this isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Must haves include a diaper sprayer and a wet bag.
2. The diaper does make the butt look big! They are a bit bulky, but we've got disposables for those outfits that don't work with a cloth diaper.
3. They are expensive initially, but I figure they will have paid for themselves before too long.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Love all the pictures of Ivy.....I feel like it's been forever since we've seen you guys!
And I'm glad to hear you're considering Ivy's fashion when choosing the diapers! :)