Thursday, May 13, 2010

Proud Mama

It's been 12 weeks since Ivy's birth, and we are finally settling into life with 2 girls. I went back to work 3 weeks ago and the transition has been pretty smooth. Summer is just around the corner and we are looking forward to a couple of months with very few plans!


What a glamorous shot of the three of us. This past Mother's Day, Norah served me breakfast in bed for which I had to get back into bed after 2 hours of being up in order to enjoy. Regardless of that fact, I loved it. She also made me a card and is still telling me "Happy Mother's Day, Mama"- as of yesterday.



These two beautiful girls are complete opposites so far... from eyes to personalities. We are still trying to figure out who in the world Ivy resembles. I don't know why that is so important- she is just Ivy. It's pretty strange to gaze into those blues eyes.

Norah chewed her first piece of gum at a friend's wedding a couple of weeks ago! We have always told her she could have gum when she was four, but in a moment of weakness and frustration in the public restroom, I bribed her with the promise of a piece of gum if she went potty. It worked.


She loves tattoos! Thanks Daddy, for giving her a Boise Police Tattoo the day before wearing the cute, white, sleeveless dress at the wedding!



Aw, Miss Ivy, Ivyroo, Peanut, Ivykins... she has such a sweet spirit. I am wrapped around her little tiny baby finger. As of 12 weeks, she is a mellow little person with an occasional opinion that she makes known loud and clear. She has this little fit cry that cracks us up. I am thankful that she has an opinion and that she is so content most of the time. Her latest tricks include smiling, cooing, and sleeping through the night! (most nights, and my definition of sleeping through the night is 10:30-6 or 7. I put off the schedule thing until about 6 weeks and we had many sleepless nights! After giving in and admitting that I am a "Baby Wise Mama" things have been much happier around our house. Although she is smiling, she is stingy with them and we have yet to capture a full smile on camera.

4 comments:

Anza said...

I love the new family photo at the top of the blog...AMAZING!! I enjoyed catching up and am glad things are going well for you. We are looking forward to the summer as well. Maybe we will even get to Boise to see you. If not, there is always the 4th right? Thinking of you and those precious girls.

Unknown said...

I am so impressed, that balance is no small task! I love how different they each look, reminds me of our early days with Parker & Kaleb.

Stephanie said...

I didn't know her eyes were that blue! Such a difference from little Norah.....
I can't believe you held out that long on the gum.....way to go!

rc said...

Police tattoo=awesome. What cute little ones, and how different. I'm sure you'll find that the differences don't stop at their looks. It's so wild and wonderful to see your baby's personality develop. Enjoy them both. RC