Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Easter 2010

We successfully packed up and traveled for the first time as a family over the weekend. It was a wonderful weekend packed full of activities: a wedding, a wedding shower, and Easter Sunday.

Here is Norah dancing with Great Grandma Frey at my cousin's wedding. Grandma rescued her after she asked a little boy to dance and was shot down. It was so sad to watch!

The girls in their first pair of complimenting Easter dresses. I would have been completely cheesy and had them in matching dresses if I could have found the right sizes! They looked adorable.
This is the one family picture we were able to snap before Norah's complete resistance and a time out. If you look at Norah's face, you can perhaps catch a glimpse of the behavior we've been dealing with the last week or so. She has really been testing our parenting skills! I had That Moment as a mom over the weekend at a wedding shower. Afterward, my mom assured me every parent as lived through those moments of pure mortification. That night I was thinking back and remembered the time my little brother kicked our pastor in the shins at church!

What's your moment? Maybe you can make me feel better...


Either way... HE HAS RISEN!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Motormouth Macey said...

Having seen you with your girls, I have no doubt that you handled the situation in the best way possible. The girls look absolutely adorable in their Easter dresses!

Jenny said...

Grace screaming about how I'm a horrible mother, at Target, because I wouldn't buy her high heeled flip flops...mind you she is 5!! We have had lots of "moments" lately!

Stephanie said...

Love the coordinating dresses....so cute! I can just see little Norah getting shot down for a dance.....sad! Hey, at least she has the nerve to ask!
And yes, I have That Moment most times I'm brave enough to take Carson out in public. Most recent: Running into K.Y.'s mom at Winco after Carson just had to be hauled to the car kicking and screaming and getting the "you're a terrible parent" look from HER!!

Unknown said...

oh boy...I'll tell you all about it tomorrow. :)