Thursday, April 16, 2009

The...The...The...THE GRINCH

You may or may not be aware of out little girl's obsession. Not a Disney princess or another cute, cuddly animated character like you might assume of such a darling little girl with curls... nope, she loves The Grinch (Jim Carrey's version no less!).

We have spent endless hours pretending to play "gurnch", which involves spotting the Grinch- usually high on the wall or ceiling, pretending to be afraid, and screaming. He is not allowed at the dinner table and when Grandma Cindy visits, the Grinch always takes a trip to Twin Falls.

Anyway, Norah got a stuffed version of "Gurnch" for Easter and thought he was a monkey. She isn't as crazy about him as I thought she would be. He's not allowed to sleep with her- he sleeps on the rocking chair stool with a burp cloth for a blanket.

She cracks me up.

3 comments:

Traci said...

Yes! I love it!

This reminds me of a stuffed E.T. doll I had when I was a kid. I LOVED the movie, but that ET doll wasn't allowed anywhere near my bed when I was sleeping. I even remember hiding it under all my other stuffed animals just so that he couldn't see me.

Stephanie said...

She seriously is hilarious! It'll be interesting to see how long this one lasts...

Unknown said...

Traci- I think that the imaginary world is more fun than reality.